Monday, November 12, 2012

fall

I live for fall. I love fall, but often times it seems as though this sunshiny state just skips right over it. Few of our trees flame with brilliance and our weather can be fickle. But it has FINALLY started to cool down and feel more like...well..fall! These are some things that I have seen that just make my heart smile. :)

 
Apples growing on a neighborhood tree. :) A silent harvest unseen by most. I was simply fortunate enough to notice it as I walked by.

Rows of corn stalks growing high at a farm a couple of hours from my house. This city girl's heart loves to wander in fields of corn and marvels at the straight rows and laden stalks. I don't think there is a way to put into words just how much I love rows of corn...and yes, I realize that is a little odd.
Pumpkin on the vine! I'm used to seeing pumpkins stacked up at the grocery store, but to see it still laying in it's bed of dirt, still attached to the mama plant, so neat!
 
I went to the Cal Poly Farm store a few weeks ago and bought some shafts of wheat that I placed into a pitcher in my living room. :) Apples, wheat, corn, pumpkins, does it get any better!? 

1 comment: